Sunday, November 4, 2007

"Forgiveness is more then saying sorry......"

Are women able to forgive more easily then men? I think men's ego's get in the way to be honest,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgiveness states,

"Forgiveness is the mental, and/or spiritual process of ceasing to feel resentment, indignation or anger against another person for a perceived offense, difference or mistake, or ceasing to demand punishment or restitution[1]."

Why is it women might forgive more, is it because we are able to talk about our emotions because its more acceptable by society? I'm unsure, this act of "forgiveness" is really, about being the bigger person. It seems most of history's wars are mens egos so I could easily see why they have more trouble forgiving.
How can people forgive murders? People who rape or steal? I don't even know how to answer that one ...
The "main male" forgiver was Jesus and pulling out my Bible, {finding it slightly dusty after searching for it for a while) states this:

The Miracle of Forgiveness

Mark 2:7-11 (Wey) "Why does this man use such words?" they said; "He is blaspheming. Who can pardon sins but One--that is, God?"... Jesus asked them, "Which is easier?--to say to this paralytic, 'Your sins are pardoned,' or to say, 'Rise, take up your mat, and walk?' But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to pardon sins"--He turned to the paralytic, and said, "To you I say, 'Rise, take up your mat and go home.'"

Conditional Forgiveness

Mat 6:12 (TEB) "Forgive us the wrongs that we have done, as we forgive the wrongs others have done us."

Luke 6:37 (NIV) "...Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."



It would be nice if everyone had that outlook huh? If we would have forgave the terrorists of 9-11 think how many thousands of lives we would have saved and not be in war.
If we just forgave the Japanese after Pearl Harbor instead of counter attacking with a bomb in a place that was mostly filled with innocent civilians. If we didn't hold everyday grudges and instead thought about our own mistakes we've made. Why do we, as individuals always exclude ourselves when pointing out mistakes.
Though I do think women can forgive easier, I do know I need to work on my own lack of ability to forgive. If I were to die tomorrow, I'd be so mad at the anger i held in for people that have wronged me, even those who wronged me severely. Still it is hard to look past my own emotions and silently forgive.

No comments: